FAQ - Frequently Asked QuestionsJun 052018
I want to buy music! Do I have to sign up before?
- No! There is no need to sign up before you can buy beats.
What does a purchase include?
- Each purchase includes a high-quality 320kbit/s Mp3 version, an uncompressed Wave version file and the contract/invoice-receipt stating your rights of ownership and the terms and conditions. Both audio files will be delivered without the voice-tags, so the music is ready to be used in any project. You will receive these files as electronic download-links, sent to your email address. Please check your spam folder if you do not find our emails in your inbox!
What methods of payment do you accept?
- We accept Paypal and all major credit cards. You can purchase beats through the PayPal-shopping-cart and instant store on my website skillymusic.com
I purchased a lease and would like to upgrade to a higher license, how much will it cost?
- The cost to upgrade is the difference from your initial purchase. If you want to upgrade your license please contact me by email email@example.com
Will the voice tags be removed from the music after the purchase?
- Yes, all audio marks will be removed from the instrumental with the purchase of any license.
Can I still use music I have leased after exclusive rights have been sold?
- Yes! As long as you stay within the respective terms, you are allowed to use it. Selling exclusive rights does not affect previous leases.
I’ve bought exclusive rights. May the music be leased again or has it been leased before?
- Once a piece of music is sold exclusively, the music may no longer be sold/leased. However, it may be possible that a beat has been leased to someone else before. If you thinking about purchasing the exclusive rights and would like to know if the music has been used by anyone else, please feel free to contact me by email firstname.lastname@example.org
I purchased music from your store. Can I alter it, cut it etc.?
- Yes, you can shorten or lengthen it and do required changes to the mix in order to get the best possible final result by keeping up with the terms & conditions. However, you are not allowed to remix or sample the music.
Do you use samples in your beats?
- Sometimes I do use samples in my beats sporadically. If you would like to know if a beat contains samples you can contact me anytime at email@example.com
Do you offer custom beats?
- Yes, I do! If you’re interested in a custom project, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yes, you can read the full Terms & Conditions before checkout.
Do I need to send you the songs I made on your beats?
- Even though this is not required for you to do, I always love to listen to the final result, so don’t hesitate to send me the final song to email@example.com
Can a sold piece of music be removed from the page?
- On demand, I can take the sold music off the website if the customer has purchased exclusive rights. Leased music stays on the page since a lease is a non-exclusive license.
How do I give proper credit?
- Credit must always be given to ‘Skilly Music’ in written form. By making a purchase of any kind, the customer declares that he will give credit to the producer where possible (song or video descriptions, cd cover/booklet, youtube video description, file-names, mixtapes, albums, singles, remixes, social network pages such
as Facebook, music sites such as SoundCloud, reverbnation, etc.). Further, the license holder is requested but not obliged to include Skilly Music’s website (skillymusic.com) in the credits. Proper credit examples are listed below:
- Beat prod. by Skilly Music
- Music prod. by Skilly Music
- Music: Skilly Music (skillymusic.com)
- Beat: Skilly Music (skillymusic.com)
Any displayed or downloadable files such as mp3s, wave files, etc. must include “prod. by Skilly Music” within the file name.
Do I have to pay you any royalties or additional fees when I release my song(s)?
- No, all the licenses are royalty-free, meaning you keep 100% of all profits/earnings made.
Can I use a tagged piece of music for free if it’s non-profit use only?
- If you are planning to record a song to one of my beats and make it available online to the public (even if it's only for free download or stream via YouTube, ReverbNation, Soundcloud, Soundclick, etc), or if you want to use a piece of music for your video or video game, a license MUST be purchased. When purchasing a license, you will receive the untagged, high-quality version of the music with instant delivery to your email!
How long will I have to wait to receive the beats I purchase?
- All links are sent automatically, as soon as the payment has been settled. Sometimes there might be a delay (up to 10 minutes) due to technical malfunction of some of the services. Be sure to check your spam folder as well. In case you haven’t received your beats, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll solve the problem as soon as possible.
I see that you are doing soundtracks. Do you also produce custom soundtracks for film projects?
- Yes, I’ve produced a lot of music for all kinds of genres like drama, comedy, horror, corporate movies, etc. If you need custom made music for your project, feel free to contact me at email@example.com
Do you also do sound design or sound mixing?
- Absolutely! I’ve done sound design and sound mixing for movies and trailers and I love doing it!
Do you also do time-based exclusive deals?
- I do. If you’re interested in a time-based exclusive deal email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The music I want is marked as ‘SOLD’. Is there a chance to buy it anyways?
- Usually, if a track in the store is marked as ‘SOLD’, it means that it’s not for sale anymore. However, it might be the case that the music is only sold for a time-based exclusive license that ends soon, so if you’re interested in a particular piece of music that’s marked as ‘SOLD’, feel free to email me at email@example.com
What happens to someone who violates against your terms?
- If someone does not have a license to use my music in commercial or profitable mediums, I will definitely be taking legal action.
I still have questions.
- If you need further information, just contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org